Monday, November 1, 2010

Life's a Party

Party #1 - Jesse's work had a family picnic at Reid Park, and afterwards we went to the zoo

Unfortunately, Jesse took his young men on an overnight campout, and got home later than expected, so we missed the entire picnic (almost, we made it in time to eat a cold hamburger and help clean up). And the huge apple pie that I had made as a side dish to take to the picnic had to be eaten entirely by me. Boo hoo.

But we did have a great time at the zoo. They had a little halloween set-up for pictures, so we got one of Lyla. But she was a bit tired after walking all over the zoo, so no smiles.


Party # 2 - My rad baby shower thrown by the most wonderful girl Camille Degomez

We played some great "Are-you-ready-for-a-boy" games. I will let you decide.

The first game was Name that Truck. Out of the eight trucks, I got 7 right, but I did get both names for Backhoe/Frontloader. I can thank my dad for that one, literally raising us on the seat of a tractor!

The second game was to see how many balls I could throw through a basket ball hoop. I got 9 out of 10. Although I like Trevor's counting better, according to him I got 10 out of 10, granted he was counting all my shots not just the ones I was making... smart little boy!

The third game was to see how many band-aids we could open and put on our partner in a minute. I got 11, and Eevi was the only one to beat me, and she got 12. Unfair advantage... she is a nurse (with mad nursing skills, including band-aid sticking), and she already has a little boy to practice on!

I got some great gifts. Diapers, Balls, adorable little boy outfits, and blankets. I also got a relaxation fountain.... that sucker's definately getting packed for in my ready by the door bag. Watch out labour, I'm coming prepared!

I must say there is a warm fuzzy spot in my heart for the handmade beanies from my friend Rachel! I got a strawberry and a pumpkin. It was just so original, I had never seen anything like them, and they made me laugh!


Party # 3 - My best friend Emily came to visit for the weekend and during her stay we got pedicures, ate some great food at El Charro Cafe, carved pumpkins, and had lots of girl time!
I was so excited to see her. I haven't seen her in 3 years. She was on a mission in Argentina, and then was trying to finish school at BYU-I, so she has been super busy. She is now an amazing spanish teacher in Las Vegas! Nobody makes me laugh like she does, it was such a great escape to just hang out with her this weekend.

No I did not actually eat raw pumpkin inards, but we did roast up the seeds, and eat them later!


Lyla and Daddy putting finishing touches on the pumpkins.
Lyla was running around, and slipped and fell in the pumpkin inards, so she spent the rest of the time with this cute pumpkin bum, and every time she sat down on the concrete she left a little bum print. Needless to say, there was some major hosing down afterwards!

Jesse is such a good dad, he taught Lyla how to play with fire. Safety first in this house hold, yep, that's our motto!

Jesse and Lyla showing off our sweet Jack-o-Lanterns when they were all finished. If you want to know, mine is just a traditional jack, Jesse's is his brand (if he were a cattle rancher : ), and Emily's is a ninja. Clever, Eh?


And here is just a cute picture of my Lyla girl, so happy to play with her pumpkins.
All lit up.
Party # 4 - Our ward Halloween carnival. We only got one picture, and that was on the way into the carnival. We were overtaken by Chile and Cornbread, and little cupcakes with candy corns on them, so naturally the camera took a back seat.

Party # 5 - Indian fry bread dinner at the Tucker's house on halloween. I don't have any pictures of this, but I can say that there was a lot of candy, cookies and cupcakes involved. It was great to see Jesse's family. And unfortunately we had to say goodbye to his sweet sister Erin and her family because they are moving to Texas. We will miss you guys!!!
Well that about does it for the parties. Phewwww! But I do have more pictures:
Lyla and Jesse outside on Halloween night, plugging in the lights, and preparing to give candy to trick or treaters.


And here are pictures of Lyla in her costume. I know there are alot, but she was just so darn cute. I think the highlight of my night was when some one said, "you must of made that yourself, they just don't make dresses like that anymore!" Yep I did. And it was insane. It took 8 yards of fabric, 7 yards of lace, 1 spool of thread, and 3 days to make! Thank goodness my Grandma Ginger had just cleaned out her garage and donated all her years of collected fabric, lace, and notions to me. So the costume was 100% free! To bad we can't use it next year for Spencer, yeah, I don't see that going well at all.
Poor Lyla was a heap of puffiness, but it was so adorable. She was trying to eat M&M's while wearing the dress, but she couldn't get them in her mouth because the lace on her cuffs got in the way! So here are some pictures of our "Little Bo Peep".












Oh, and these pictures are for Dani! She sent me this sweet pattern to make a wrap shirt. So I decided to whip it up (really it was so simple it only took 2 hours to make). It is cuter in real life than in the pictures, it looks like a bunch of gathered fabric and then just ties on the side.


Well, that had to be the largest post in Camry history. But it was fun filled couple weeks! Now we are looking forward to November so:
HAPPY NOVEMBER EVERYONE!!!

























6 comments:

Natchel said...

AH! She is so cute! It looks fantastic. Seriously. And I want that wrap shirt pattern! What a fun Halloween season you guys had.

Camille said...

Holy smokes, have you been busy! But nothing like being busy with good things. I can't believe Lyla kept her costume on, she looks adorable. All Haley wore was a ladybug costume that was more like a vest and it didn't last long at all.

Janny said...

You guys have been party animals! Lyla's dress is amazing- you are quite the seamstress. I love the picture of her wearing it with her head peeping into the pumpkin. Adorable.

Dan and Katie said...

You are such a talented lady!! Lyla is a doll. Super cute costume. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Lyla costume was super adorable! You have totally encouraged me to learn how to sew!!! I have a sewing machine I bought a year ago and I just haven't had the guts to get it out and start learning. I love your wrap shirt pattern!

It looks like Lyla had a blast with Halloween...You guys are super busy, I don't know how you have all that energy with one on the way and chasing Lyla around :)

Amber and Jacob said...

Oh Man! I'm glad you gave your blog address to me. I can't believe how big Lyla is! And so cute for Halloween. We've been so busy we haven't even downloaded our Halloween pictures, let along put them online. We love you! I'll be sending your babyshower gift tonight (I hope), so look out for it!