Saturday, November 12, 2011

Little Camper



Yesterday while Jesse was at work, he asked me if I would pack his bag for his camping trip with the Boy Scouts. They were doing an overnighter at Arivaca. So I said sure, and proceeded to pack all the things he would need.

Lyla saw me doing this, and got all excited. "Are we going camping? Were is my backpack? I need my flashlight!"

I had to tell her no, just daddy was going camping this time. And she was just crushed. She loves to camp, and lately has been telling me every weekend that it is time to go camping.

Well this just wouldn't do, so she brings me the phone, and says "Call my daddy." So I call Jesse, and I hand the phone to Lyla, and the first words out of her mouth were "Daddy I need to go camping." Jesse proceeded to tell her there was not enough room in the car for her because he had to take all his boys. She was so sad : (

But she was persistent, and luck followed her. About 10 minutes before Jesse was going to go, one of his young men called and said he was going to drive himself and 2 of the other boys. So we packed Lyla in a hurry and off she went!

She is such a big girl. She didn't even hesitate, when told that I couldn't go. So it's just Lyla and her daddy braving the wild!

I miss her so much and I am so proud of her, and Jesse, for having a little daddy daughter time, and allowing me to relax with just Spencer. She is getting bigger everyday, and I am just amazed at how independent she is.

3 comments:

Janny said...

She is such a bog girl! Good for her, and you- for letting her go. That's great. We need to take Iris camping.

AnnaSchu said...

She is so spicy! I love it! And she has such fabulous parents!

Kristina said...

Holy cow....good job Jesse! I think Tyler would have peed his pants...hahaha