Monday, April 16, 2012

Slow and Easy

I think I enjoy the weeks where I am a home body.

Don't get me wrong, weeks fly and we have awesome times when our schedule is full of errands, and play dates, and fun adventures... but honestly the aftermath is a little overwhelming. Heaps of undone laundry, no quality dinners, messes everywhere. And if I get in the routine of being busy it is really hard to break out of it! I feel like I need a million things to do to keep me busy and satisfied.

But honestly, the weeks where they are slow and simple are actually so much more fulfilling. I find that my house is clean almost always (without lots of time or effort). There are no pile of laundry either dirty, or clean and waiting for weeks to be folded. My kids take regular naps, and sleep better at night, which allow me to have lots of time with Jesse when they go down at a normal time (6:30-7:00). My kids get home made treats like chocolate chip cookies, and whole wheat bread straight from the oven. The weeds are non existent in the front and back yard. I actually read my scriptures regularly. I cook healthier meals for my family, which is a big deal for us, and makes us feel better, and the kids seem to have a more even temperament. I get to spend LOTS of time talking and being with my babies. We sit and do puzzles, read books, build forts, go on walks and bike rides. We jump on the trampoline and play in the sandbox... but most of all we laugh. I interact with them more on their level instead of mine.

We have been pretty home bound out of necessity and circumstance lately, and it has been wonderful. When I am home I realize all that there really is to do here! Play and work both abound without ever leaving my little haven! Except for the occasional trip to the grocery store or park, we have been quite content to stay at home. The more I stay at home the more I love it.
(we started having them share a bed... this is the first morning after, both of them slept all night 12 hours straight! It was amazing!)


1 comment:

Meghan said...

I see you finished your sandbox! That's awesome :) I enjoy being busy, but with my pregnancy being so horrible I have actually gotten used to staying home and not having a whole lot going on. Plus, I tend to do a whole lot more of baking, art projects, reading and playing outdoors with the kids. I also, like having my house cleaned up in less than an hour every day which is good with 4 kids and a messy husband :) and it makes evening clean up a snap . When we are busy my laundrey doesn't fall behind but, things get off schedule and I put things off to the next day and I dislike playing catchup. Plus Trey works crazy hours and is hardly home so the more efficient my house runs and the routine stays regular the better for me.