This weekend I went to Time Out for Women in Phoenix. Not really a full time out since I brought my nursing baby. It was amazing! So I just wanted to share my favorite nugget of inspiration:
God does not want cookie cutter women. Find your most authentic self and live it.
Neat, huh? I just loved that idea. And the Holy Ghost testified to me that I need to accept others authenticity, even if it differs from my own. I am not ashamed to admit my biggest fault: I judge others. And that needs to stop! We are all beautiful, talented creatures, but we are all different... And that's ok. No need to envy Sally for her fabulous, voluminous hair.... Or Betty for her super tight abs, or Margret for her amazingly fluffy homemade bread. Enjoy her talents, and realize you have different ones.
Dr. Sues had it right, it's truer than true, nobody can be youer than you! So go live your most authentic self! And God will empower you as you do!
3 comments:
I love this! It's a great reminder that Heavenly Father loves us for who we are, and who we are trying to become, not how well we do things or how we compare to others.
Seems like so many people went to TOFW this year. I've never gone but I'll have to try it sometime. I think the trick with envy is to see others' talents as inspiring, to make us want to try something new. But that's tough. I think you are a great example of being your best self.
Okay, okay. I'll try stop comparing myself to you and all your domesticity--or I'll try at least. :-)
ps- I am really sad to have missed you today but it turned out to be a throwing up day. I'll get you next time.
Post a Comment