Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Age Old Question: "Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?"

Nana and Papa Tucker have been incubating 24 eggs for a few weeks now.  So we dropped everything and ran over last week when we got the call that the eggs were peeping.  We showed up in time to watch what my kids coined "hatch day".  It was adorable.  So we thought we would share a picture story:











Sorry the quality is a bit fuzzy, but it's hard to take pictures through foggy glass!  Now Nana and Papa have 19 fuzzy, yellow peepers to care for.  And Lyla and Spencer have a new game:



I am glad my children got to experience this, and hopefully next spring 
we can have a "hatch day" of our own. But I think I prefer to do it the old fashioned way.  We will let the mama hens do all the work.  It was way too complicated to keep the temp and humidity just right through the entire hatching process.  I was so stressed they were all going to die because my kids kept lifting the lid!


1 comment:

Jclay said...

So very adorable !!!!!!!!!!!