Have you ever considered the vast amount of STUFF we accumulate as human beings? Or should I say... as Americans. Be honest with yourself, you have one, the junk drawer... the miscellaneous closet... the "keep the door shut room."
Why? Why do we do it? Why do we feel we need it? It's just stuff. We think that this or that will make us happier, more fulfilled. But it doesn't, it is just on more thing to clutter our mental inventory list. We worry about our things.
So here's to cutting back, to consuming less, to simplifying by ridding my life of the things that just take time away from my family.
Did you notice in conference, over and over, they mentioned how happy and carefree the African people were, despite their poverty? I hope one day I can be humble enough to let go of my earthly possessions and care more about what matters most!
No comments:
Post a Comment