Monday, November 29, 2010

How could this happen???

So today I was watching 2 little girls for my friend from church. She needed some time to move her house, and clean it because they are moving. She has a little girl that just turned 4 a few weeks ago, and a 2 year old.

Both are great girls, and they love to play with Lyla, so it made for a great day. The girls played and I supervised while doing my normal housework. Peachy, right?

Everything was outstanding until I was straining the pasta to make dinner, and Emma (the 2 year old) yells "It's in my eye!" So I look over in time to see her wiping her eye with a hand that is holding a tube of super glue.

WHAT! In your eye, come on! It was such a wonderful day. Well we washed her eye thoroughly for 5 minutes as she cried (proabably due to my rash, and very quick action of striping her down and tossing her in the tub). So her eye is fine. She was more concerned with her hands.

Things that aren't fine: Her completely encrusted hands that have now hardened to a statue like state. My table top, which she finger painted with super glue (which dries white by the way). The queen size quilt I was making my father for Christmas (She squeezed the remainder of the tube on it, and then proceded to wipe her hands on it too!) And finally, the pedal of my sewing machine, which now has plump lumps of clear glue all over the top of it.

Now, I must say, I am so glad she is fine. And all the rest are just things. Things that can be fixed. The moral of the story is: don't make spaghetti while you are supposed to be watching someone elses child. And definately don't have super glue in the house, even if it is hidden in your sewing room at a height you think is unattainable to a 2 year old. Because your wrong: it is attainable, and it will be found.

3 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Oh my heck! I'm soooo sorry this happened to you. Yikes! Sounds like something Kaelyn would do. What an awesome attitude you have. Especially since I'm sure you've put some work into that quilt.

Eevi said...

Gosh, I think the days of just doing things are gone. Anytime it is quiet for more than 2 minutes, I get really nervous because I know Saku is up to something. So let's just add another baby to the chaos:)

Camille said...

Oh, Camry! I'm always worried some kid will have an accident at my house while I'm watching them and I'll have to tell their parents. I'm glad her eye was okay. And you have a great attitude about the "things." I would be pretty upset, especially about the quilt.