Thursday, November 18, 2010

Maybe Today... Then Again, Maybe Not

So I've always lived by the motto, "Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today," and every morning I make my "to-do today" list with everything I will accomlish.

But this morning was different. I was sitting there in my PJs and I grabbed my paper and pen, and from somewhere deep inside me, my brain made my hand write "maybe today."

I've had a hectic week. Lots of places to be, and things to do. And Lyla is probably feeling a bit neglected. And I have lots left to do before tomorrow and Saturday (they are busy, busy days!) I am having a "Girls-Night Out" at my house for the acheivement day girls (8-11 yr olds), and then hosting a early thanksgiving at my house on Saturday for Jesse's family. Needless to say: Lots left to do!

So why on earth did I write maybe???? I've never done that before, but yet it feels so good. So all day I've been recovering from my busy life. Loafing around in pajamas, doing some mild cleaning (like I said recovering, and life was messy this week!), and just not committing myself to anything too big or too busy.

It feels nice to just "maybe" have to do it, if I want. I think everyone needs a maybe day. Try it, you'll like it!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Unfortunately a lot of my days have become maybe days lately :)

Tidwell Family said...

Camry, your so cute and you said exactly how I have been feeling today. I'm thankful that Katie and Dan have such great friends in you and Jesse (Lyla too for Landon :))Hope your activities in the next coming days are fun!

Natchel said...

Camry let me take Lyla for as long as you want! Seriously! Just give me a call.

Camille said...

Lately I've been changing my "To Do" lists from daily to weekly. On Sundays I write down what I'd like to accomplish that week in small pieces and slowly work my way through it. I still have my days when I make a daily list too. I'm glad you were willing to stop and slow down. I hope the dinner goes well!

The Ensign's said...

Good for you. It sounds like you definetly deserve it. We all need a day like that. My lists are more like "What I'd like to accomplish today", but typically life gets in the way of my list and not much on it gets DONE. I'm impressed that you do this everyday.