Sunday, July 29, 2012

Covering Dress

Lyla has been asking for a covering dress for a few months now. I wasn't quite sure I knew what that was, but when asked, she responded, "you know the kind that cover your toes." in other words a dress up princess dress like all her friends have.

So today, we stayed home from church because of a nasty cough they have, and while spencer napped, I did my best rendition of a sleeping beauty covering dress.

Granted in my pregnancy induced laziness, I just sewed a long gathered skirt onto a top we already had. But this simple thing made my Lyla so happy! She has been dancing around with her imaginary prince charming all afternoon. Ah, the little moments of happiness!

4 comments:

Janny said...

How cute is that! I love the specific requests of children.

Kristina said...

SOOO sweet

Camille said...

That's so funny! When Lyla was over here she and Haley were dressed in princess dresses and Lyla really wanted the long one so it covered her toes. Now Haley has learned that length is important and she likes her long one best too.

Duckie said...

I love it! I wish I could just whip something like that up! I bet Emilee secretly wants one too - she loves dressing up.