Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meet Our Newest Addition

Ashley Kaylynn Tucker
August 28th, 2012
Born at 3:51 am
8 lbs 1 oz, 20 inches
So I know the question on everyone's mind.... what? they named her Ashley?  Who does that?  Well let me answer your question.  Yes, we named her Ashley, to be more specific, Lyla named her Ashley, back in January, when she told me that we were having a little girl, because an angel told her so.  She has called her Ashley ever since.  Jess and I would always say, well it might be a boy, or we are going to pick different name.  And we had a big list of maybe names: Lillian, Candice, Scarlett, Felicity... among a few others.  I just thought when we saw her we would know.  Well none of our names fit her, we felt so unsettled.  And she went nameless until lunch time, when Jesse finally looked at me and in all seriousness said, well what if we seriously consider Ashley.  And as soon as we did a peaceful warm feeling flooded us almost instantly.  My eyes teared up, and I just knew that was her name.  Lyla had been right all along.  So there you have it: Miss Ashley.  As for her middle name, We made a hybrid from my mother's middle name Kay, and Jesse's mother's middle name Lynn.  

 At 2 days old, Ashley seems to be another high need baby!  She wants to be held at all times, and has a really high pitched donkey like cry the minute she no longer has bodily contact.  She loves to nurse frequently (as in always), and she HAS TO BE SWADDLED!  If she isn't she freaks out.  She startles easily... even her own toots scare her : )  She is our first baby to be born with dark hair, and I hope it sticks!  She sleeps like a champ at night.  I nurse her to sleep, and keep her cuddled by me and she will do a 4 hour stretch, when she wakes I change her diaper, nurse her back to sleep, and she does another 4 hour stretch.

She is definitely another Tucker.  We immediately noticed the tale tale signs: round face, two cowlicks, one on the right front of the forhead, another on the crown, and everyone telling us how much she looked just like her daddy!  Well Jess, you are 3 for 3, we will just have to have more, until someone finally says "oh my goodness, the baby looks just like you Camry!"  At least she got dark hair, the other two were dirty blondes.

We love her to pieces, and are so thankful she is a part of the family.  Lyla and Spencer love her, and fight over who gets to hold her.  Both kids have adjusted so much better than I had anticipated.  The only problem we are having is slightly more emotional kids, and a harder time getting them to wind down at night.

So here she is! And we couldn't be happier!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

She is a doll and you guys are so blessed! I can't believe Lyla called it so well!!! I always in the back of my mind wondered if Ashley would be a girl because of what Lyla told you. She is such a great sleeper!

GreenBabyElephant said...

Congratulations!!!!!! What a blessing. :)

Nicole McBride Cheney said...

Congrats! You are amazing and so strong. I really admire you. That is such a neat story about how Ashley got her name!