Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Indeed, many things have changed for the Tuckers this summer. But summer isn't over yet and changes are still taking place. Two of the most recent events have been no computer for me (since it crashed), and no car for me either! I posted our truck on craigslist on Labor Day evening, and it was sold by the next afternoon. I know I should be thankful, but it was so fast I wasn't prepared... because we just started looking for a replacement car (hopefully a suburban), and hadn't found anything yet. So I am computerless and carless. Which isn't so bad... I have a really clean house!!!!

But even with all the changes summer has brought, good and bad, mostly good though, I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing Lyla's first real summer. So here are some of the things we loved this summer: Juicy Watermelon at the Sandorf family Reunion



Sugar cookie dough right of the beater

And because mommy's sugar cookies are soooo good
we had to post 2 pictures!



Lyla fell in love with all necklaces this summer
the bigger the better.



We enjoyed swimming with cousins
(please exuse the nudity)


We played dress up
(she likes to pick one of my shirts to wear each morning)


We treated ourselves to beautiful music
And sang lots of primary songs



We didn't let a single monsoon puddle go to waste!


And finally, we got to know Spencer a little better. Lyla likes to point to my belly and say "Baby". Just today I held up an outfit I bought for him and I said this is for your new baby, and she ran over and gave my belly a kiss!


Sorry these are blurry, if I don't want the flash to come on, I have to take it in sunset mode, which takes like 5 seconds to capture, and if I even breathe the movement causes it to be blurry

We have enjoyed our summer, but now when we go out to pick weeds in the morning there is a crisp feeling in the breeze, and I can't wait to share fall with my sweet girl. I have been daydreaming about pumpkin pie spice, cozy houses, fall colored leaves, and straw stuffed scare crows... now I need to make a halloween costume!






2 comments:

Lindsey said...

We miss Lyla so much! That is so cute that she wears your clothes. (Sophie's weakness is my shoes.) I hope things work out with your car and computer. If you're ever bored call us and we'll come over!

Kristina said...

How did I miss the fact that you had a blog!!! I stalk Lindey's blog and that's how I found you :)
We have one too if you'd like to stalk us...tandkcurtis.blogspot.com